Saturday, May 19, 2007

The End; Long Way Down Part 2


They arrived at the SLA headquarters to find a scene of desertion. John Doe signs were left everywhere.



"What do you think happened?", Beige said.
"I don't know, but I have a strange feeling that the whole DOE movement is over. Look at this...John Does a Fake...that says it all, huh? He did a fake somehow...", Barbie said.











"Look down there! John Doe posters all in a clump. Guess they gave up on the whole revolution.", Barbie said.






She never would know who previously was left for dead in that stack of posters, who now seemed to be missing.
As she said earlier, toys don't stay dead.








"Well...now that this seems to be all over, I guess I need to find my way home! Power Team, I know that you are now, after spending time with Dolly Parton Barbie, Heidi Blickenstaff Barbie, and Elphaba Barbie, that you are Barbie sympathisers...can you get me back to my Danielle?", Barbie asked.






"Not before you take a bath and we get you back in order, toots!", Beige said.







They took me back to their flat again, and drew me a bubble bath. The Power Team stood guard outside the door. I relaxed for the first time in weeks and thought about my reunion with Danielle and the other Barbies. It has been a long abduction.










I know that I lost myself in fury and anger for awhile, and went to a dark place, but I have found perspective again, thanks to Buddha... and now realize that while Apocalypse's actions were wrong, his motives were valid. It is hard to be a toy that was loved with a passion for a short time, and then put into inactive status in storage. You are left wondering why you are not important anymore, and what you did to warrant this treatment. But you must always keep in mind that your owners never have stopped loving you. They are always fond of your memory, and if you are lucky, will pull you out every once in awhile to relive your former adventures. Apocalypse was being loved by his owner, even as he rebelled, and didn't even realize it.
Even if I go back to Danielle, who is almost off to college, I know that if she doesn't take me with her, I will take a much needed break at home, and will be happy to play with her some other day.
All toys live another day. Storage sucks, but we always come back...we are seldom just thrown away. We are sold, or given away to other children, but we never die.








I sighed a sigh of relief, knowing that I would be with my Danielle in a few hours...

No comments: